An important message regarding SMS One Time Password
We are introducing SMS One Time Password functionality to online banking. This innovative improvement will mean that you have increased access to your funds in an even safer environment.
SMS One Time Password will be added to online banking on the evening of Tuesday 8th November.
What does this mean for you?
- If we have your mobile number, you will automatically be registered for SMS One Time Password and you won't need to do anything. You will also have an increased online banking limit
- If we don't have your mobile number, you will be contacted in the coming weeks so that we can update your details and set up your SMS One Time Password functionality.
If you don't have a mobile, that's ok. You can remain unregistered and still access your online banking as you do now, however from Monday 12th December 2016, your daily transaction limit for online banking will be reduced.
If you have limited mobile access, our recommendation is to still register for SMS One Time Password. If you need to complete a transaction at a time that you don't have mobile service, give our friendly team a call on 1300 622 278 and they will be more than happy to complete the transaction for you.
If you have a joint account, it is important for both/all members to register. Likewise if you are an Authority to Operate (ATO) on an account you will also need to register.
An SMS One Time Password will only be sent to you if:
- you want to add a new payee
- modify an existing payee or payment
- update your personal details
If you have any questions about SMS One Time Password, please chat to your local branch staff or call our friendly Member Service Centre on 1300 622 278.